Monday, December 1, 2008

Amtrak Leavenworth Station a Bust?

Back in January the Seattle PI reported that Amtrak was adding a new Leavenworth Station. I dutifully added my blog post with a map. Since that time there apparently has been zero movement on the project, and repeated contact with the town officials who championed the project for so many years have gone unanswered. Amtrak is even telling me they have no plans to build a station there.

So unless we hear otherwise, we can imagine that folks won't be stopping in Leavenworth while on the Empire Builder any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. I don't believe this to be true at all. The station has received some government funding and I believe they are trying to do some more fundraising for the station. Mayor Rob Eaton is the biggest proponent of the station. I will try and have him contact you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I look forward to hearing the facts behind this station. There seems to be much confusion, especially when Amtrak says there is no plan.

    ReplyDelete