Thursday, October 30, 2008

Motive Power and Mt. Rainier

Yes, it's true...I'm a photo junkie. I take photos for my own enjoyment and for family archives. However my skills with a camera aren't good enough to be consistently published on Railpictures.net (that's a whole other story that I will share offline with anyone who asks). I continue to experiment, both with digital and film, hoping for that next shot that just makes me go "whoa..."

This one, despite the grainy nature, is still one of my favorites. The only way to get the shot was to max out my digital zoom on the Olympus C4040, which made the picture kind of fuzzy. But I took the shot anyway, knowing that it wouldn't win awards but would document a Mt. Rainier that overwhelms everything within 100 miles on a clear day; and for me, blending trains with big mountain was a perfect idea.

Location is near the intersection of S. Norwalk Street and Airport Way South, just north of the Tukwila city line. You can see the Boeing Access Road behind the engines.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment