Friday, December 14, 2007

Local News | Sims to let Port buy rail line | Seattle Times Newspaper

11th hour and counting...

Local News | Sims to let Port buy rail line | Seattle Times Newspaper

This is a story that simply never rests. Even in agreeing to allow the Port of Seattle to buy the Woodinville Subdivision from BNSF, all the players disagree on who pulls up the tracks in parts of the line that King County wants for a bike trail. In fact, there is disagreement even on the idea of pulling up the tracks at all. I love the end of the article, where Port Commission President Creighton says, "I've gotten a letter from the Woodinville mayor saying don't tear up the tracks, I've got a letter from the mayor of Bellevue saying don't tear up the tracks, and I just got out of a meeting with the mayor of Burien who said you would be crazy to tear up the tracks."

I agree with all those mayors.

No comments:

Post a Comment