Thursday, April 30, 2009

Video - BNSF 2125 And The Garbage Train



Here is a video I shot of BNSF 2125 assembling the Garbage Train. It was the first time I attached my video camera to a tripod, in an effort to create a smooth transition back and forth as the train moved. I still prefer hand-held for this stuff, but I'm willing to try other methods. The right-of-way is along 2nd Avenue S. at Horton Street; one can park and - mostly importantly - stand legally and safely off railroad property to watch the procession of trains. Gritty as it is, this is now one of my favorite spots for train watching.

2125 is officially an EMD GP38AC built in 1971 as #648 for the St. Louis and San Francisco Railway, better known as The Frisco. This railroad was merged in to Burlington Northern in 1980, and the engines were spread across the system.

It's nice to see these merger machines still in service, almost 40 years after being built! For the record, up close this thing sounded awesome. I can imagine it in the great Frisco red & white paint scheme at some time in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment