Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SD9 In The Deadline

It's a slow news week for trains if you live in Washington. If this was a blog about California railroading we would be discussing a BNSF grant given to a San Bernardino organization or a spill of some sort outside Barstow. But we're here...waiting...

In light of this I've decided to dig into the wayback files and pull out this photo of an SD9 in what appears to be the deadline at the Interbay yard. Built in 1957 as #438 for the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy (CBQ), 6185 survived at least until 2004 when this photo was taken.

What happened to it after that is anybody's guess; I find no records or pictures on the Internet more recent than this one. Possibly scrapped? The road number 6185, however, is again in use on the BNSF - this time as an ES44AC.

2 comments:

  1. Kurt,
    You can post as many BN SD9 pictures as you want!

    I am partial to the former GN ones.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be happy to oblige when the photos come around. If I could start a railroad, and had the ability to maintain big diesel machines, I would have a fleet of SD9s and F7s at my disposal 24/7!

    ReplyDelete